Policies and Procedures Manual
Policies and procedures provide the framework for operating your business. A formal guide to them is known as a Policies and Procedures Manual or Employee Handbook. It can assist you in the development of more effective training programs. When policies and procedures are are formally documented and distributed to all employees; it gives them the guidance required to perform their duties in the manner that your strategic managers have envisioned. Policies and procedures also help you to hold employees accountable for their work. Management is able to provide objective and constructive feedback to an employee on their job performance. Finally, it provides management with the means to analize current methodology and to implement more efficient policies and procedures in the future.
The Policy Manual or Employee Handbook is a set of standards and guidelines that the company practices. The guidelines are not written in "stone," but can be used as a tool to communicate to your employees on what is expected of them and how the company operates. As your company continues to grow, the guidelines will change. The handbook should be carefully designed with the unique characteristics and needs of your company.
A well written and comprehensive Policy Manual can make the operation of your business much easier and can be a valuable piece of evidence in a lawsuit filed by a disgruntled employee.
OASYS will provide the following services within the standard scope of a Policies and Procedures Consulting Engagement:
- Meet with the Executive Team to clearly understand their goals and objectives for the Employee Handbook.
- Compile the relevant laws that pertain to the company size.
- Consult with Executive Team. Explain any flexibility associated with these "guidelines."
- Review with the Client's legal councel to obtain any necessary changes and councel's approval.
- Review and present the final document to the appropriate managers and employees.
Click OASYS HR Professionals or call (847) 289-1100 to request more information.
Top of Page